Thursday, February 2, 2017

Dried Plants

 

Dried flowers/plants are one of the most popular home decor items around.  Recently I noticed some road side beige-colored spiky grass and I thought to preserve and use it for indoor decor. (After googling, I think the plant I selected is reed canary grass ,which is a perennial grass growing in moist places.) 
Here is an easy method to preserve and showcase the dried plants.

Supplies:
Dried plants
Paints of your choice (I used acrylic paint-orange and green color)
Hair spray (or any mild glue)
Paint brushes

Pick dried plants with the perfect seed head and stem. (if it is not dry, dry them in shade for a week). Apply a a few squirts of the hair spray (or any mild glue) over the seed head to prevent it from falling apart. Let it dry and apply 1-2 coats of paint using a brush. Organize  in a flower vase once the paint is dried. 
(From my experience, the seed heads were intact for 2 years. You can apply more hair spray after an year to prevent them from falling ) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...